The Prabhu Family Blog.

Wednesday, October 18

So much has not changed!

kolkata - 1946 -47

Subha sent me the link to this site earlier today. She wanted me to pass it to you too. I really enjoyed going through these photographs and even made a collage out of a few :D These 60 odd photographs taken in Kolkata, between 1946-47 by American Military personnel based there then, have been acquired recently by the University of Pennsylvania.

Looks like a lot hasn't changed - the photographer was complaining of traffic jams - people as well as buffaloes. :D Burrabazaar and the signages. Overloading of public transportation. Makes me want to rush back home to old familiar sights! There are others of the Hooghly without the bridge. A Chowringhee square that I did not recognize and many other gems. Enjoy!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,
powered by performancing firefox

No comments: